Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Knitted Vest

Hi all,

I just finished this up last night and had hubby take a couple pictures. The pattern is Beech Leaf Vest by Dorothy Siemens of Fiddlesticks Knitting. The fiber is 100% superwash Merino wool, Knit Picks Swish DK in color Amethyst Heather. The "backside" picture is a bit blurry, but you can still see that there are 3 repeats of the beech leaf pattern. It is nice and warm!

The edge of the vest is crochet chain. While I was working on this, I dropped the crochet hook, which the couch quickly ate. In looking in all the couch's nooks and crannies and underneath, I discovered 8 crochet hooks! And of course, the hook I needed was the last one I found!

3 comments:

MimiD said...

Happy New Year Deb! Great job on the vest... and to get your couch to give up its crochet hook stash. You have to watch the furniture, I'm sure it feeds not only on needlework tools, but also spare socks and whatever else it thinks you won't miss.

Little Ol' Liz said...

OOooo Deb - nice vest! Good thing it's in your size, or the couch and I might get our hands on it and you wouldn't see it again! LOL

Happy New Year!

Gina said...

I like that design!